home about bucket list

Monday, February 21, 2011

Audrey

Bonjour.

So, if you didn't know, I adore old movies.  Practically anything black and white is up my ally. You can't go wrong with a good Alfred Hitchcock movie, or anything with Cary Grant, William Holden, Grace Kelly, Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, Rita Hayworth, Gene Kelly, Lucille Ball, Dike Van Dike, Peter O'Toole, Julie Andews, Humphrey Bogart, and lots more!

But my favorite of all time has to be Audrey Hepburn. 

She's so stylish, beautiful, and naive.  I love her accent, her soft voice, her energy, her quotes, her smile, her fashion.  In every movie I've seen with her, she has the most adorable clothes!!!  I wish we still wore stuff like that.

Sighhhhh.

The one thing that always stood out to me is her eyes.  They're beautiful.  And they sparkle.  I want bright eyes like hers.  I was watching How To Steal A Million with my mom last night, and I asked her, "How are Audrey's eyelashes so long and dark?"  My mom laughed at me and said, "They're fake.  She's wearing the kind you buy at the beauty shop and stick on."  Well, that made me feel a little better.  At least she has to work at something!

So, this post is my tribute to Audrey Hepburn, one of the most classy actresses of all time.




















These photographs were all gotten on google images... just click on them to see the link.

1 comment:

  1. I love Audrey Hepburn, too!! :D She's quirky and beautiful, funny and yet looks very intelligent and stylish. My favorite movie of hers is Charade. I also am practically in love with Cary Grant...lol. He's just such a great actor! And the characters he plays are, most of the time, just plain hilarious (plus being witty).

    For enjoying some of the old movies as much as I do, I really haven't seen many. You'll have to tell me some of your favorites sometime so I can watch them:)

    ReplyDelete