home about bucket list

Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Day

So Friday's are my most favorite days ever!!! I love them.  Thank you Jesus for Fridays. :)  They're the only day I can sleep during the whole week, I don't have any classes (so it's like my day off), and they are almost like the first day in the weekend.  They just make me happy.  By Saturday, I have to start thinking about Monday, but not on Friday.  Friday is relax, slow-down, and breathe-again day.

This Friday was especially good because instead of using it as my catch up homework day, I managed to finish all my Calculus homework on Thursday.  So I slept in till 11, got a shower, put on some make-up, got out some cute springy clothes (yay for this awesome Indian summer weather!!!).  I then went out to lunch with my mom and three sisters.  We went to Old Bag of Nails, which I had never tried before, and when we finally got there, I realized that I had eaten nothing that whole morning and I was famished.  Lunch never tasted better.  Afterward, we shopped in some old antique shops and each got a chocolate cookie, and then went to Kohl's, where I got this adorable blouse.  It's so cute!!!  So yes, today was highly successful.

When I got home, my dad handed me a letter from Ohio State University.  I've been waiting for this letter for a long time.  I applied to OSU about a month ago to enter into their free college classes for highschool students program (called PSEO).  I've already taken classes from Columbus State Community College for two years now, and I've gone there full-time this past year, but I wanted to step it up and take some from OSU since they offer more classes.  So when I got the letter, I kind of held my breath and quickly scanned the first sentence as my parents watched my face. "Dear Cassandra, Congratulations! I am pleased to imform you of your admission to The Ohio State University Academy Program."


I'm all smiles. --> :D :D :D  See? lol

I'm actually really relieved because it took me a good two weeks of scurrying and working on my application, trying to figure out the process while still signing up for Columbus State's classes in case I didn't get admitted into OSU.  So I'm so happy all that stress and effort paid off.  God has blessed me.  I couldn't have done it with Him.  Thank you Jesus!!

Another reason I'm happy today is because of this amazing weather!!!  I adore this weather... just cool enough for jeans and a jacket, but not too warm.  I feel like it should be April, and winter's almost gone.  Unfortunately, I know it's all just a teaser, and the coldness will come back within a week and laugh at my hopes and spirits starting to rise again for the summer.  But I've begun to realize how much the weather affects my mood.  No wonder people who live in Seattle are depressed all the time! I don't blame them. :)

Last night, I went outside at about 10pm.  It was dark and still, which was what I needed.  Yesterday was a long day, and by the end, my head was gonging and my eyes were literally drooping.  But I went outside for some peace.  I laid down on my back on the concrete driveway underneath our basketball hoop and looked up at the sky.  The wind was blowing softly and I could hear a plane flying somewhere far up.  One side of the sky was a pale pink, and the other was a deep ocean blue.  At times like these, I want to sing, but I can't because it would break the silence.  So I just laid there thinking about things.  Lot's of things.  (If you couldn't tell, I felt very thoughtful. =])

After a while, I heard a noise and twisted my head.  My mom's car was pulling in the drive after a church meeting she had gone too.  I jumped up really fast because I was afraid she was going to run over me in the dark!!  So I went and hid behind a tree until she pulled into the garage.  And that was the end of my little peaceful time in the dark. :)

It's days like these that I realize how blessed I am.  I complain all the time.  Why don't I ever remember the good stuff?  When things are great, I'm thankful, but when things aren't going exactly like I want them to, I forget.  I forget how I am blessed.  I forget that God has every tiny detail in control.  I forget that He is holding me in the palm of His hands.

This song sums up how I feel today.  Have you ever had that feeling that you can't really explain how you feel, but you hear a song, and it speaks for you?  This is it.



Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cassie,
    I thought that you would have thought to tell ME that you have a blog! Sadly I found out on my own :(
    If you'd like to you can stop by my blog- Miraculous Journey ( ccipuppyblog.blogspot.com )
    BTW you have a very nice blog :)
    Elijah

    ReplyDelete