home about bucket list

Monday, March 7, 2011

dancing the night away!

I have had the most glorious weekend! I went to a ball! Haha, and no I'm not princess on the way to meet her prince... NO.  It was a Celtic Ball, kind of like square dancing in sets but more formal and of course celtic!!!  In fact, a couple guys always show up in kilts each year.  I've been to this dance at least 6 times in the past, and the first time when my dad came too, he surprised my sister and I by wearing a kilt.  I wanted to die in a hole out of shame and misery, but my dad was quite proud of himself.  Thankfully, that was only the first year. :)

Indeed, Saturday was a splendid day and such a blast, especially since my sister and I had nine other girls come spend the day with us to get ready for the evening.  It was so much fun!! We all laughed, played cards, eat yummy food (love you Mommy!), did each others makeup, told secrets, got pretty, and used way too much hairspray. 

Photo credits to my mom :) And I'm the one in the white dress.

This is the end result.  Aren't we beaaaautiful?

And of course we had to get some goofy pictures. :)

Me and my pretty sister <3

I got to drive a bus full of girls up to the ball, where I saw and hugged even more of my friends.  And what's funny is when people at places like the Celtic ball know who you are, and you don't know who they are.  I had a couple of people say, "You're Cassie, right?"  Um, yeah... so who are you? lol

One of my neighbors (kinda) who I've known forever walked me in for the first dance, where we got into a conversation about Braveheart (due to the awesome bagpipe player), drama, school, and Shell Silverstein.  Another guy who asked me to dance talked about The Notebook (a movie that I don't really like but he absolutely loved, which I thought was hilarious!), adopting kids, and annoying younger siblings.  That's one of the things I love most about the Celtic Ball.  You can make friends so fast just by dancing one dance, and it's very formal while being casual at the same time.  You end up finding something in common to say, and you try to say it without messing up the entire dance.  And believe me, that's trickier said than done.

So, some of the most memorable moments of the day is laughing at Caitlin talk to the radio and her camera, playing the straw game, doing Hannah's makeup, taking hilarious pictures, playing freeze, jamming to music, seeing my friend Brooke at the ball after a really long time, and getting my feet stepped on (thanks to the guys).

By the end of it all, I was exhausted but oh so happy.  A bunch of friends and I went out to Applebee's afterward, where we made one of our friends drink a cup of salsa for $2.50 while drinking nothing afterward for at least five minutes.  He did it, unfortunately. 

A bunch of the girls came back to my house to sleepover, where we washed our faces, ate food, shared stories, laughed at the events of the night, and told juicy secrets.  When it came to waking up for church in the morning, I was an extremely sore and grumpy person. :)

But let's just say, it was all worth it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I'm not the dancing type, but as you know I am social.

    ReplyDelete